Friday, May 11, 2012

Study Abroad Resources

Folks,
I thought I'd post a list of study abroad opportunities that's I've heard about.  Some of these are ones I spoke about in my study abroad workshop, others are resources that students have brought to my attention.  I'm by no means an expert on any of these programs, but if you're interested in starting the application process in any of these and need any help, know that you can always ask me.

Education USA
A great resource if you're looking into attending a university in the United States.  Also, information on several scholarships and exchange programs, for example Fulbright.  Education USA has an office HERE IN CURITIBA!  Go visit them!

J1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program
Several different work, study, internship, etc. opportunities

Education First
Kaplan International
Opportunities to take English classes in the U.S.  Can be pricey, but worth looking at.

WWOOF (Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms)
A different option...this program involves working on organic farms in the U.S.  It's offered in every state in the United States.  You pay visa fees and air travel, they provide accommodations and food.

Camp Hill
This program involves working with children, youth, and adults who have disabilities.  It's offered in the U.S. and the UK.

Disney International Programs
This program offers several different jobs in Disney World.

Take a look at these if you're interested.  Also, if you know of any other programs, let me know and I'll add them to the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment